DIY PROJECT: UPHOLSTERED DOOR


upholstereddoor_1

“When I moved into my circa-1910 row house in Brooklyn, all the doors were original to the building except one: the door to our home office. This anonymous-looking hollow-core door was totally out of sync with the rest of the house. So after some consideration I decided to turn lemons into lemonade and just embrace the fact that the door didn’t match.

The surface of the door was in pretty bad shape, so I figured that upholstering it would be the perfect solution. If nothing else it was a low-risk experiment because a new version of this kind of door runs only about $40 at the hardware store. It seemed easy enough, and I’m happy to report it actually was.”

Full Story At DESIGNSPONGE

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s